Sunday 3 February 2019

FOCUS GROUP INTERVIEWS

1.Have you ever heard about Victoria’s Secret? 2.Do you like the brand? What are your thoughts about their current aesthetic? 3.Do you think VS angels are good role models for younger girls? 4.Why do you think VS has been such a successful brand so far? 5.What do you think about their fashion show? 6.If you could change something about the brand, what would your recommendation be? 7.Where do you usually shop for underwear or lingerie? And why do you choose this place/brand over another? 8.Do you prefer in-store or online shopping for lingerie and why? 9.What bra style do you prefer? Push-up or comfortable/sport bras? 10.Do you believe that all lingerie brands should be inclusive?





Ilinca Barbato, 23 (Participant 1)

1.Yes
2. I am not sure if I like the brand itself or fantasy that was created around it. I am really not up to date with their current aesthetic, but I find the underwear in general very creative and colorful. Of course their provocative cuts and shapes presented on the runway are what we all think about when asked about VS
3. Up to o point yes. On one hand they are good example of ambition and hard work, proving that one can achieve his dreams when the goal is clearly set. On the other hand these models can have a very bad influence on young, fragile girls. Looking up to someone sized 90-60-90, known only for her beautiful hair, glowy skin and perfect long legs can damage a young girl identity, creating a false beauty ideal. When looks are so highly promoted, other values fall in the background, leading to a superficial society, obsessed with their image only. The one who doesn't "fit the standard" are marginalized or do it to themselves alone, can create depression and bad self esteem
4. Because it promotes an ideal and creates a dream. It allows the normal person to feel exclusive and special and this it what all of us wish for.

5. The fashion shows are the reason I've heard about VS. I only watch these for the entertainment and not really for the designs.
6. Nowadays, a lot of women fell that the Victoria’s Secret “paradise” is actually a world of exclusivity where the idea of female beauty and sexiness is narrow: white, slim and 6ft tall. My recommendation would be to include +size models, change the message they deliver, become more aware about the influence and power they have on young girl, include their basic pieces in the fashion shows
7. Intimissimi maybe or HM. Why? Good price-quality ratio, very convenient, you can find them in every mall
8. In store shopping because I can try on the bras and touch the fabrics.
9. Comfortable ones for every day and push up for special occasions.
10. No, not really. Especially if you are positioning yourself as a high value high class exclusive brand as VS does. It cannot target all market groups since they don t all belong to the wealthy ones.



Ioana Alexanra Oniga, 23 (Participant 2)


1.Yes 2.I have mixed feelings about the brand – on one side their lingerie collections were never disappointing while on the other side I do not particulary agree with the fact that they recruited models like Kendall Jenner only for the sake of advertising. Regarding the aesthetic 3.No I do not because some teenagers are even willing to put their health at risk by starving themselves just because they feel ugly of fat compared to the VS Angels and believe that every woman should look like them - it is a well known fact that VS Models keep a strict diet months before their show because this is actually their job. 4. Because they brought something new to the table – they are unique because while other companies use celebrities for advertising (VS used this practice too especially in the last years) being a model at VS creates modeling careers. 5.The event draws the attention of million people from all over the world when it airs on TV. I think it was so successful because they are very customer focused , due to the marketing strategy and because of the innovation they brought to this field. 6.I would recommend a Fashion Show with women of all sizes in order to encourage anxious young girls to never feel shamed of their body. 7.I usually shop at H&M because they offer high quality lingerie at more than decent prices. 8.I prefer online shopping for lingerie strictly because the lack of patience for in store shopping. It suits me the best but I believe lingerie online shopping is risky especially if you do not know your size. 9. I prefer push up bras most of the days but when it comes to sports or feeling comfortable indoors I believe sport bras are the best choice. 10.I do believe that because in this particular industry diversity is a must as nowadays consumer preferences are very subjective and change a lot. In order to be successful you must be able to fulfill even their unknown needs.


Marie Elise Conte, 28 
(Participant 3)


1.Yes 2. I do, but recently I have seen in VS shops lingerie that looks basic, and I did not like it. For me, the whole idea of VS lingerie is to be sexy and glamorous. 3. Not necessarily, or at least not because they are VS models. 4. Good marketing, being associated with lux and beauty. 5. Spectacular. Exactly the way a fashion show should be. 6. Keep it classy and valuable. 7. Mostly Debenhams and HM. I like models from other brands, but from the brands I usually shop, I can get a bra that fits perfectly without trying it. 8. Online, for saving time and avoiding crowds. 9. I prefer lingerie that looks good, even if it's not the most comfortable. 10. Definitely.


Bianca Niculescu, 22 (Participant 4)

1. Yes 2. I like the quality of their products and the prices are good as well 3. Yes I do think VS angels are a good role model for younger generations 4. because of the variety of their products
5. very cool and glamorous. I love it 6.I wouldn't change a thing about VS. I like the brand just the way it is. 7. VS, malls or online
8. I do prefer both online or in store.( in store because whenever I have a bite of time off I prefer to relax doing shopping\ online because when my time is limited it is much easier and faster ) 9. push up and comfortable
10. I'm not sure. I think every brand should be entitled to choose their marketing strategy and the type of models best fit their identity.






No comments:

Post a Comment